Optimize Your Laptop Battery backup With Microsoft Fix It
How long does your Laptop Battery last ? . I use Dell XPS 15 and the laptop battery lasts for around 2 hours and 30 minutes .
The Battery backup time depends on various factors like
- Screen brightness
- USB’d or external harddisks connected
- Operating System settings
- Bluetooth or Wifi enabled etc.
Inorder to get the maximum battery life , we need to optimize and if possible disables few things that are not used often .
Microsoft has a tool called Microsoft Fix It . This tool also does the job of optimizing your Windows Settings which can help in getting better battery backup .
Download Microsoft Fix It from Microsoft Support site and install it and run it
What does the Microsoft Fix It fix ?
Here’s the list of things that this utililty fixes as per the Microsoft Support site
- Period of time before the computer goes to sleep is set too long
- Screen saver is used instead of setting the computer to enter sleep mode
- Display brightness is set too high
- Power plan is not set to the most efficient power plan
- Wireless adaptor in not optimized for power saving
- Minimum processor state is set too high