How to Schedule automatic disk clean up in Windows 7 ?
The Windows 7 comes with a disk cleaning utility which is generally used to get rid of unnecessary files like temporary internet files , setup log files etc .
It is also possible to schedule the disk cleaning in Windows 7 .
1. Click start button of windows 7 and type “Task Scheduler” . You should see the Task Scheduler in the Program list
2. Click on the Task Scheduler . This will open a popup dialog to schedule a task . Click Create Basic task to create a new task . This will Open the Create Basic Task Wizard
3. Give a proper name for the task along with the description and click Next
4. Select the Option on when the task should start
I selected Daily for example .
5. Select the time when the start will start because we selected Daily .
6. The Action dialog shows the possible actions for the task , we select “start a program” and click next
7. Type cleanmgr.exe in the Program/script and click next
8. In the Summary Screen , verify the data and click Finish
You should now see the task in the ACtive Tasks Window in the Task Scheduler .