With the release of the Developer Preview of Windows , the users get an opportunity to try the Windows 8 and for the Developers.
In this article , i will explain you how i installed Windows 8 in VMWare .
To make it simple , the Windows 8 can be installed on VM Player 4 which comes with VMWare WorkStation 8 . I was not able to install it in VM Player 3 .
How to Install Windows 8 Developer Preview in VMWare ?
1. Download VMWare Workstation 8 from VMWare Downloads
2. Download Windows 8 Developer Preview . Know more about the download location here
3. Start the VMPlayer and click New Button to create a New Virtual Machine .
4. In the “New Virtual Machine Wizard” , select “Installer disk image file(iso) and choose the path of the Windows 8 Developer Preview iso file and click next
5. Select a Guest Operating System as “Microsoft Windows” and the version “Windows 7 X64″ . If you are installing a 32 bit version select only “Windows 7″ . Click Next to Continue .
5. In the Easy Install Info . Leave the Windows Product Key empty and click Next .
6. Provide a proper name for the Virtual Machine and select the location where the VMWare Files will be copied to . We name the Virtual machine as “Windows 8 – VMWare” .
7. Select the Disk Capacity . I keep it to default to 40 GB which should be sufficient and click Next
8. In the Ready to Create Virtual Machine , you can customize the Hardware and increase the RAM to 2GB ( If necessary ) and click Finish .
9 . Now the Windows 8 Developer Preview Installation setup will start . Select the Time and Currency Format and click Next and in the Next Window Click Install .
10. You will get a window asking to accept the licensing terms , select it anc click next . click Custom(advanced) option and click next.
11. Select the drive / Disk and click next . This will start the Installation of Windows 8 .
12 . Accept the Microsoft License Terms and Click Accept
13. Personalize your Windows 8 Developer Preview Machine with the PC Name and then click Express Settings in the Settings Windows and use the Local Account by creating one or else use Windows Live ID
14. With in few minutes , your Windows 8 start screen should appear