Windows 8 Beta and Refresh and Reset PC features
Desmond Lee in the Building Windows 8 Blog has written a post on “Refresh and Reset your PC” , a blog post about push button reset , a feature of Windows 8 .
Desmond Lee shares information about what to expect on the PC-reset front that includes information on some of the under the hood changes that will be part of Windows 8 Beta which is expected in few months time .
Desomn also highlights
Our solution in Windows 8 consists of two related features:
- Reset your PC – Remove all personal data, apps, and settings from the PC, and reinstall Windows.
- Refresh your PC – Keep all personal data, Metro style apps, and important settings from the PC, and reinstall Windows.
Desmon then explains the following
- Reset your PC to start over
- Refresh your PC to fix problems
- Restoring your apps
- What if the PC can’t boot?
- Refreshing your PC to a state you define, including desktop apps
- Getting back to productivity quickly
- A consistent and easy way to get back to a known good state
Read more about Windows 8 Beta and Refresh and Reset PC features here