How to undo or defer sent email in Microsoft Outlook ?
Gmail has a feature that lets you undo a sent email with in some time if you have by mistake sent an email .
You can achieve the similar functionality in Outlook by setting up a rule so that you can delay the delivery of your emails .
1. Create a new Rule via the Rules and Alerts from Rules button in the Home “Ribbon bar”.
2. Select “Apply rule on message I send” from the “Start from a blank rule” group and click next .
3. Select the conditions that you want for this rule to be enabled . You can select sent to people or public group and any other options for which you want the rule to be applied and click next.
Incase you dont select anything , the rule will be applied to every message that you send.
4. In the next screen of the Rules Wizard , Check or select “Defer delivery by a number of minutes” . Click the “a number of” minutes in the Rule description to enter the minutes for delay of delivery and click Finish .
5. Click “Apply” and then “Ok” button in th Rules and Alerts window .
Now when you send a mail in Outlook , you will notice that the message stays in the outbox for the specified minutes . If you wish to stop it from going out , just delete it …
The above trick will only delay the email sent and doesnot undo the sent email …