Here’s a simple tip that lets you to split the cell contents in Excel.
How to split cell contents in Excel 2010?
Assume, you have a column that has both the First Name <Space> Last Name and if you want to split this column values to 2 column with one column having the First Name and the second column having the Last Name , you can do that using the Text to Columns feature in Excel.
Follow the below steps to split cell contents in Excel 2010.
1. Open Excel worksheet and select the column that you wish to split.
2. Go to Data Tab in the Ribbon and click “Text to Columns”.
3. In the Step 1 of 3 Dialog, select the radio button “Delimited”.
4. In the Step 2 of 3 Dialog, select the checkbox “Space” and then select the destination cell in step3.
5. Click the finish button. Now, you should see the column values being split.